Pre-War Guitars Co. Slope Shoulder Mahogany, Shadetop, Level 1 Aging
- Finish: Ultra thin aged (Level One) Nitrocellulose sunburst
- Classic Slope Shoulder Dreadnought Body Size
- Back material: Honduran mahogany
- Top material: Torrefied Adirondack spruce
- Braces: Hand-carved, Torrefied spruce for dry-aged tone
- Two Tone Bar, Scalloped Bracing Layout
- Honduran Mahogany neck with two way truss rod
- True Dovetail Neck Joint
- Hot Hide Glue used for bracing and for neck joint
- Fretboard and bridge material: Pau Ferro
- Scale Length: 24.9”
- Neck width at nut: Vintage spec, 1 11/16”
- Vintage spec, 2 3/16” bridge spacing
- Headcap material: Black
- Binding material: Cream plastic
- Nut and saddle: Bone
- Vintage style Firestripe pickguard
- Harptone Case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Also available in Natural and left handed versions as well as in Level 2 and Level 3 distressing (see explanation, below).
LEVEL ONE, “New Old Stock.” – Equivalent to a collectors' grade EX+ or Mint condition. Inspired by a vintage guitar that spent most of it's life in a case under the bed. Ultra thin, aged and checked nitrocellulose with no added play wear and minimal handling marks.
LEVEL TWO, “Well Loved, Well Played.” – Inspired by vintage guitars that were lovingly cared for and played for much of their life. Same thin, aged, and checked lacquer as the level one, with the addition of authentically created play wear around the soundhole, some incidental handling marks, light wear at the elbow area, and light back wear.
LEVEL THREE, “The Road Warrior.” – An homage to the true “Road Warrior” guitars we all know and love, with an artful amount of heavy play wear. Akin to a guitar that has spent 60 years on tour, the phenomenal response and tactile feedback of certain vintage guitars they have studied inspired this level of distressing.
Please inquire – we're happy to help you get the Pre-War Guitar you want.