Northfield Workshop NFB-F5A Master Model Big Mon Mandolin, Adirondack Top, with Case
Northfield Workshops' Big Mon mandolins feature larger bodies and f-holes for more mids, more bass, and increased volume with less effort. This model is built with an Adirondack (red) spruce top and a figured Northeastern red maple back, sides, and neck with an impressive array of high-end features. The Big Mon offers impressive, world-class handcrafted quality and a highly desirable sound -- it compares well to instruments costing twice the price. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: One year Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 years
- Solid Adirondack (Red) Spruce top
- Solid Figured Northeastern Red Maple back, sides and neck
- 2 Tone bar bracing
- Top-quality hand-rubbed spirit varnish finish and violin varnish neck with very thin lacquer topcoat for protection
- Traditional neck shape with a very soft "V" against the palm and comfortable C-shaped shoulders
- 1-1/8" nut width (available with 1-3/16" nut, inquire)
- Radiused ebony fingerboard with genuine mother-of-pearl dot position markers
- Scalloped fingerboard extension
- ~14” scale length
- Traditionally shaped ebony bridge, hand-shaped to match the compound radius of the fingerboard and hand-fit to each mandolin
- Ivoroid binding on the body, fingerboard and peghead
- Premium Schaller reverse-style tuners
- Bound tortoise pickguard
- Genuine mother of pearl peghead inlay and logo design
- James tailpiece
- Handmade by experienced, skilled craftsmen in a small, employee-owned workshop in Asia; carefully inspected and set-up in the USA
- Hardshell case included