DVD - Southern Banjo Styles: Vol. 3
taught by Mike Seeger
Volume 3 focuses on mid-twentieth-century styles, most using fingerpicks. Each lesson features a complete performance of a song, comment on its style and source, detailed split-screen instruction, and close-up views of each of the seven banjos used. "Down South Blues," "Bright Sunny South," "Roll on John," "Come My Little Pink," more. Booklet (or PDF file on the disc) includes tab, discography, how to choose and set up a banjo, more. Based on Mike's Grammy nominated CD, "Southern Banjo Sounds" (our stock # FOLKW-CD40107). 110 min.
- Last Night When Willie Come Home - in two guitar styles: Maybelle Carter and country ragtime
- Down South Blues - a Dock Boggs blues played with a "slide"
- Wabash Blues - clawhammer instrumental, metal fingerpick
- Bright Sunny South - Wade Mainer/Ralph Stanley "up-up" picking with picks
- Roll On John - Roscoe Holcomb style, thumb and finger pick
- Needlecase - early 3 finger instrumental, finger picks
- Come My Little Pink - Earl Scruggs style
- I'm Head Over Heels In Love - clawhammer version of Earl Scruggs style