DVD - Larry Coryell's Jazz Guitar, Vol. 2
taught by Larry Coryell
This volume teaches how to create the improvised line, ascending melodic minor scales and related chords and how to apply them to standards, blues phrasing to a bebop-type of line, string bending and much more. A detailed note/tab booklet is included as a PDF file. Beginning/intermediate. 70 min.
- Creating the improvised line
- Substitute chords
- Importance of the minor/major 7th sound
- The jazz (ascending melodic) minor scale and related chords
- How to apply the jazz minor scale to standards
- Repositioning chords to fit single-note fingering options within the jazz minor spectrum
- Vocabulary of the improvised line
- Blues phrasing to a more sophisticated bebop type of line
- Guitaristic devices that advance the music, eg. string-bending, octaves and fingering
- How to play/improvise on Autumn Leaves as a solo guitar performance, or within a small group context
- More involved chords and improvisation with John Coltrane's "Moment of Notice"