Collings Baby 2H & Case
Collings’ smallest guitar model is still big on tone. The Collings Baby is approximately a 3/4 size version of their OM, and the headstock and bridge are scaled to match. This model features a Sitka spruce top, East Indian rosewood back and sides, and a 14-fret Honduran mahogany neck. It’s built with the same care and precision as Collings’ full size guitars. Handsome appointments include herringbone top trim, a tortoise plastic pickguard, and nickel Waverly tuners. While lacking the deep bass of larger guitars, the tone of the Baby 2H is remarkably balanced, with adequate volume for most applications. Sometimes the Baby is used as a travel guitar, but it often sees duty as a songwriter's tool, ready at a moment's notice. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: One year Manufacturer's Warranty: Limited lifetime
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: East Indian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony small belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone short diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv and b/w purflings
- Scale Length: 24 1/8"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell case by TKL