Gibson F-5 Lloyd Loar (1924)
This beautiful Gibson F-5 was signed and dated by Lloyd Loar on March 31, 1924. It has a carved spruce top and maple back, sides, and neck, all in a nice sunburst finish. Deluxe appointments include pearl button tuners, "The Gibson" tailpiece cover, an adjustable ebony bridge, and pearl fern and "The Gibson" headstock inlays. It has a Virzi Tone Producer, and it is fully original except that frets 1 through 12 have been replaced. A very rare instrument with a great sound, this mandolin is in excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: 30 days Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Signed and dated by Lloyd Loar on March 31, 1924
- Triple-bound body and tortoise plastic pickguard
- Triple side-bound headstock with pearl fern and "The Gibson" inlays
- Pearl button tuners
- Bound ebony fingerboard with pearl dots
- "The Gibson" tailpiece cover (Loar style)
- Adjustable ebony bridge (stamped "PAT'D JAN.18 21")
- Sunburst finish flamed maple back, sides and neck
- Carved spruce top
- Virzi Tone Producer (SN 10115, small repaired crack on bass side near edge)
- 1-1/16" nut
- 14" scale
- Fully original except frets 1 through 12 have been replaced
- Two cases: modern deluxe white Calton hardshell case and oblong original hardshell case in good condition except missing handle (bright red interior)
- SN: 79824