Washburn Style 5238 Deluxe (c.1930)
To help insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required when shipping this item outside of the USA. This is due to the CITES treaty, which regulates international trade of certain materials like rosewood, abalone, and pearl.
If you purchase this item to be shipped outside of the USA, we'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary."
- Semi-gloss natural finish
- Grand Concert body size
- X-braced spruce top with gold leaf type applique
- Brazilian rosewood back and sides
- 12-fret mahogany neck with unique volute
- Slotted headstock
- ~24-7/8" scale
- 1-25/32" nut
- 14-1/8" lower bout
- 19-fret ebony fingerboard with slotted diamond, square, and snowflake inlays
- Ivoroid-bound body, fretboard, and soundhole
- Slotted headstock features overlay with "WASHBURN" logo and fancy inlays
- Metal plate on back of headstock reads "Washburn / LYON & HEALY / CHICAGO, U.S.A."
- "LOUISE FOSTER" scratched into back of headstock
- Replacement tuning machines, recent neck reset, and replacement ebony "Smile" bridge all done by our shop
- Original hardshell case (red lining)
- SN: 1467