Vega Tubaphone Style M Tenor Banjo (1924)
This Vega Tubaphone Style M tenor banjo has a maple rim with tortoise plastic binding and a Tubaphone tone ring. The 2-piece maple neck features an ivoroid-bound 17-fret ebony fingerboard. This instrument needs some work to get back into playing shape (sold AS-IS, see Details section below), or it would make a nice 5-string conversion. Otherwise, it’s in very good+ condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Satin natural finish
- 2-piece maple neck
- Maple rim with tortoise plastic binding (inside and outside)
- Tubaphone tone ring
- ~11-3/4" skin head
- 30 brackets (5 changed hooks and nuts)
- Bracket band
- Ivoroid-bound 17-fret ebony fingerboard
- Pearl wings, star, and dot inlays
- Torch headstock inlay with "Vega" logo
- Replacement tuners and tailpiece
- 1-5/32" nut
- ~21" scale
- Original hardshell case (green lining)
- SN: 56217
- VGC+ except could use work (replace head, dress frets, restring and setup, etc. - sold AS-IS)