Vega Fairbanks Style M Tubaphone Tenor Banjo (1920)
Here's a nice Vega tubaphone banjo either to play or convert to a 5-string. Two piece maple neck with dark center strip. Maple rim with tortoise plastic binding inside and out. ~10-3/4" skin head. 28 brackets, bracket band and notched tension hoop. Tubaphone tone ring. No Knot-style tailpiece. Ivoroid-bound 17-fret ebony fingerboard with pearl scroll, star and dot inlays. 1-1/8" nut, ~19-3/4" scale. With rough period HSC. VG-EC. On consignment More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- SN 39879
- Satin natural finish
- 2-piece maple neck with dark center strip
- Maple rim with tortoise plastic binding
- Ivoroid-bound 17-fret ebony fingerboard
- Pearl scroll, star and dot inlays
- ~10-3/4" skin head, Tubaphone tone ring
- 28 brackets, bracket band
- Notched tension hoop
- No Knot-style tailpiece
- Dowel stick
- Headstock overlay features a pearl torch inlay
- Newer Planetary-style tuners
- 1-1/8" nut, ~19-3/4" scale
- Minor touchup on neck heel
- With rough period HSC