Vega / Kevin Enoch Custom Tubaphone Style M (1924)
Featuring exceptionally beautiful work from Kevin Enoch, this Vega / Kevin Enoch Custom Tubaphone Style M features an original Vega 1924 pot assembly and an extremely fancy custom 5-string mahogany neck made by Kevin Enoch. The bound ebony fingerboard has fancy engraved pearl inlays and lovely carved heel. The peghead overlay features a “Chubby Dragon” inlay. Other features include a tubaphone tone ring, a maple rim with tortoise plastic inner and outer binding, and Five Star Planetary tuners with geared 5th string peg. A Vega pie plate wood back is included (small crack). Hardshell case included. This instrument is in very good-excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Original Vega 1924 pot assembly
- Custom 5-string neck by Kevin Enoch
- Mahogany neck
- Carved heel
- Bound ebony fingerboard
- Fancy engraved pearl inlays (inspired by No.9 pattern)
- Ebony peghead overlay with "Chubby Dragon" inlay
- Ebony peghead underlay with back strapping and Gryphon inlay
- 1-9/32" nut
- ~25-5/8" scale
- ~11-13/16" skin head
- Tortoise plastic inner and outer-bound maple rim
- Tubaphone tone ring
- 30 brackets with bracket band
- Kershner style tailpiece
- Five Star Planetary tuners and geared 5th string peg
- Added Vega pie plate wood back (small crack)
- Hardshell case