Vega Fairbanks Tubaphone No.3 (1910)
A nice openback banjo from the early 20th century, this Vega Fairbanks Tubaphone No. 3 has a two piece mahogany neck with a carved heel and dark center strip, and ivoroid-bound 22-fret ebony fingerboard with engraved scroll. It has a Tubaphone tone ring, bracket band with 28 brackets, cammed No Knot tailpiece, and tortoise plastic-bound rim. Other features include a pearwood headstock overlay with engraved flowerpot inlay, and mechanical friction tuners with ivoroid buttons. Period hardshell case included. This instrument is sold AS-IS (glue crack in neck, where neck meets peghead, dowel stick reset, dress frets, etc.), otherwise it is in More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Two piece mahogany neck with carved heel and dark center strip
- Ivoroid-bound 22-fret ebony fingerboard with engraved scroll
- Pearl dot and star inlays
- 10-15/16" skin head
- 1-1/4" nut
- ~27-1/4" scale
- Tortoise plastic-bound rim
- Tubaphone tone ring
- Bracket band with 28 brackets
- Cammed No Knot tailpiece
- Pearwood headstock overlay with fancy, engraved flowerpot inlay
- Mechanical friction tuners with ivoroid buttons
- With period HSC (green lining)
- VGC except needs work (glue crack in neck, where neck meets peghead, dowel stick reset, dress frets, etc. - sold AS-IS