Thornburg Fretless Gourd Banjo (recent)
A modern instrument inspired by early 19th century banjos, this Thornburg fretless gourd banjo has a rim made from a large calabash (gourd). It has a ~11" diameter, ~5-1/2" depth, and a ~8-1/2" diameter skin stretched over it. The mahogany neck has a fretless walnut fingerboard. This item is in very good/excellent condition. More Details...
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Rim is a large calabash (gourd) with ~11" diameter, ~5-1/2" depth, and ~8-1/2" diameter skin stretched over it (adjustable tension)
- Wood burning of a bird on back
- Fretless mahogany neck with walnut fingerboard
- "Figure eight" headstock shape
- Violin peg tuners (one is replaced)
- ~29-7/8" scale
- 1-/11/32" nut
- Nylon strings
- Low tuning (DADF#A) recommended for authentic sound
- Handcrafted in the USA
- With gigbag
- VG-EC except for neck is repaired by 5th string peg, and could use minor setup, etc. — sold AS-IS