The English Mandolin
English folk tunes collected and put into orchestral works by Percy Grainger, Gustav Holst, Cecil Sharpe and others in the early 1900s. More Details...
- St Paul's Suite (Holst): Jig / Ostinato / Intermezzo / The Dargason
- Molly on the Shore (Grainger)
- Three dances from Nell Gwyn (German): Country Dance / Pastoral Dance / Merrymaker's Dance
- Three English Folk Tune Settings (Mayor): Staines Morris / The Unfortunate Tailor / Lord Marlborough
- Three pieces from Musik's Hand-maid (Purcell): Ayre / Minuet /Lilliburlero
- Capriol Suite (Warlock): Basse-Danse / Pavane / Tordion / Bransles / Pieds-en-l'air / Mattachins