Riley Baugus (1998)
An openback banjo with nice looks and good sound, this Riley Baugus has a deep maple rim with a walnut rim cap and a brass hoop tone ring. The cherry neck has an ebony fingerboard with engraved pearl inlays. It’s equipped with Planet style tuners and a geared 5th string peg, all with ivoroid buttons. This instrument is in excellent-minus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Cherry neck
- Deep (~3") maple rim with walnut rim cap
- 11" Fiberskyn head
- 22-fret ebony fingerboard with engraved pearl inlays
- Ebony peghead overlay with leaf inlay
- 16 brackets
- Brass hoop tone ring
- No Knot tailpiece
- Planet style tuners with ivoroid buttons
- Geared 5th string peg
- 1-1/4" nut
- ~25-3/8" scale
- Ebony heelcap with floral inlay
- Built by Riley for quite high action (his preference)
- Made in North Carolina
- Superior Bump hardshell case
- EC- except for small (~1/2") repaired crack by 5th string peg
- SN: 11B023