Pre-War Guitars Co. Dreadnought Mahogany, Level 1 Aging
The Pre-War Dreadnought has the sound and look of a well-loved vintage instrument, but with the price, adjustability, and reliability of a modern guitar. The classic pairing of Adirondack spruce and Honduran mahogany offers tone that is dry and clear, with some sweetness around the edge. The guitar body features an ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish and has been subjected to Pre-War’s “Level One” distress level, simulating a vintage instrument that’s spent most of its life tucked under a bed or stashed in a closet. Ideal for the stage or studio, this is one of the best pre-war replications that we’ve seen or heard.More Details...
- Finish: Ultra-thin aged (Level One) Nitrocellulose Lacquer "Shade top"
- Traditional Dreadnought Body Size
- Honduran Mahogany neck with two way truss rod
- Standard 1937 "C" to "V" neck shape.
- Back material: Honduran mahogany
- Top material: Torrefied Adirondack Spruce
- Handcarved torrefied braces for dry-aged tone
- True Dovetail neck joint
- Hot hide glue used throughout
- Fretboard and bridge material: Gabon Ebony
- Scale length: 25.4”
- Neck width at nut: Vintage spec, 1-3/4”
- Neck width at body joint/bridge spacing: Vintage spec 2-5/16”
- Headcap material: Aged Granadillo
- Binding material: Tortis
- Bridge pins: Ebony Un-slotted
- Nut and saddle: Bone
- Harptone Case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Also available in Natural and left handed versions as well as in Level 2 and Level 3 distressing (see explanation, below).
LEVEL ONE, “New Old Stock.” – Equivalent to a collectors' grade EX+ or Mint condition. Inspired by a vintage guitar that spent most of it's life in a case under the bed. Ultra thin, aged and checked nitrocellulose with no added play wear and minimal handling marks.
LEVEL TWO, “Well Loved, Well Played.” – Inspired by vintage guitars that were lovingly cared for and played for much of their life. Same thin, aged, and checked lacquer as the level one, with the addition of authentically created play wear around the soundhole, some incidental handling marks, light wear at the elbow area, and light back wear.
LEVEL THREE, “The Road Warrior.” – An homage to the true “Road Warrior” guitars we all know and love, with an artful amount of heavy play wear. Akin to a guitar that has spent 60 years on tour, the phenomenal response and tactile feedback of certain vintage guitars they have studied inspired this level of distressing.
Please inquire – we're happy to help you get the Pre-War Guitar you want.