Oahu Tonemaster Model 229K Lap Steel (c.1940)
This Oahu Tonemaster Model 229K lap steel features a guitar-shaped mahogany body with a sunburst finish. It’s equipped with one single-coil pickup, and there is a boost switch on the back. This instrument could use some work (sold AS-IS, see Details section below), but otherwise it’s in very good/excellent-minus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Sunburst finish on guitar-shaped mahogany body and neck
- Double white binding
- Bakelite hexagon volume and tone controls
- Wooden bridge cover
- Cast aluminum bridge
- One single-coil pickup
- Boost switch on back of guitar
- Pearl dot markers
- Replacement Kluson Deluxe tuners and output jack
- Crack in bridge on bass side (functional)
- 21 frets
- 23" scale
- 2-1/32" nut width
- Rough original hardshell case (blue lining)
- VG-EC- (except could use nut and pickup adjustment, strings, etc. -- sold AS-IS)