National Mike Dowling El-Trovador 12-String (2010)
A cool guitar based on a (Kay built) 30's National, this 12-string resonator guitar is a unique instrument with vintage style. It has a deep double bound 14-1/2" all mahogany body, mahogany neck, and bound ebony fretboard. A National Hot Plate cover plate / pickup unit has been installed. The action is a bit high, but not bad. We recommend tuning to D. Original hardshell case included. There are some funky finish spots (which look pretty cool). This instrument is in very good-plus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Worn cherry finish
- Deep double bound 14-1/2" all mahogany body features a tight waist
- Segmented F holes
- Mahogany neck
- Bound ebony fretboard
- Dot inlays
- 19 frets
- Single cone
- Biscuit bridge
- National Hot Plate cover plate / pickup unit installed
- Vintage style tailpiece
- Slotted headstock features rosewood overlay with shield logo decal
- 6-on-a-plate tuners
- Label signed by Mike Dowling
- 2" nut
- 25-1/2" scale
- Original hardshell case
- The action is a bit high but not bad, we recommend tuning to D
- VGC+ (some funky finish spots, actually looks pretty cool)