Slingerland May Bell Style No. 100 Tenor Banjo (c.1930)
Dark stained 2-piece maple neck and rim. Pearloid heasdstock overlay with "MAY BELL" logo. 19-fret pearwood fingerboard with pearl dot markers. 10-3/4" skin head (broken). Brass tone hoop. One piece flange wraps around and under rim with crosspiece above dowel stick. Dowel stick reads "SLINGERLAND / MFRS. / CHICAGO, U.S.A.". Grooved tension hoop. 22 brackets, wire armrest, grooved tension hoop. "GROVER PATENT" Presto tailpiece. 1-3/16" nut, ~22-5/8" scale. With period HSC (green lining). VG-EC except needs work (replace head, dress frets, restring and setup, etc. - sold AS-IS) More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
fThe following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- No SN
- VG-EC (*See below)
- Original dark stain on neck, rim and resonator
- Resonator has natural finished edges with maple, mahogany and
- Dowel stick stamped "SLINGERLAND / MFRS. / CHICAGO"
- 10-3/4" skin head (needs replaced)
- 22-brackets, grooved tension hoop, brass tone hoop
- "GROVER PATENT" Presto tailpiece
- Wire armrest
- Pearloid headstock overlay reads "MAY BELL"
- Friction tuners with ivoroid buttons
- 1-3/16" nut, ~22-5/8" scale
- With period HSC (green lining, needs handle)
- *VG-EC except needs work (replace head, dress frets, etc. - sold AS-IS