Masada 5-String Resonator Banjo (c.1980's)
A nice resonator banjo, this Masada has a 11” stained maple rim and flathead tone ring. It has a 2-piece flange, dual coordinator rods, and notched tension hoop. The mahogany neck has a bound ebony fretboard with pearl butterfly inlay. The rosewood resonator has concentric purfling, wood marquetry, and a thin plastic butterfly overlay. The peghead also features a butterfly inlay. Hardshell case included. This instrument is sold AS-IS (fingerboard loose at rim and needs to be reglued to neck, dress frets, restring, etc.), otherwise it is in very good condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- 11” stained maple rim (possibly refinished)
- Flathead tone ring
- 2-piece flange
- Clear head
- Dual coordinator rods (missing nut and washer on one rod)
- 24 brackets
- Notched tension hoop
- Mahogany neck
- 22 frets
- Bound ebony fretboard
- Pearl butterfly fretboard inlay
- Older Waverly tailpiece
- Rosewood resonator with concentric purfling, wood marquetry, and thin plastic butterfly overlay
- Black peghead overlay with logo and butterfly inlay
- Made in Asia
- Hardshell case
- VGC (except fingerboard loose at rim and needs to be reglued to neck, dress frets, restring, etc. -- sold AS-IS)