Martin / Smith Tiple (1920)
$1,100 $1,200sku: 180U-203520
An rare and interesting instrument, this tiple was built by Martin for Wm. J. Smith & Co., a music store in New York City. It has a spruce top with Brazilian rosewood binding and fan bracing. The back, sides, and neck are mahogany. The fretboard, bridge, and headstock overlay are also Brazilian rosewood. It has 10 strings in 4 courses (2-3-3-2). This instrument has several repaired top cracks, but overall it’s in very good+ condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Bound spruce top (Brazilian rosewood binding)
- Fan bracing
- Mahogany back and sides
- 10 string mahogany neck (4 courses - 2-3-3-2)
- Brazilian rosewood fretboard
- Dot inlays
- Brazilian rosewood bridge
- Slotted headstock features Brazilian rosewood overlay
- 5-on-a-plate tuners
- Built by Martin for Wm J Smith & Company (music store in NYC)
- Smith's hot stamp on back of headstock, Martin hot stamp inside
- Rare model similar to Martin T-18
- 1-11/16" nut
- 17" scale
- Softshell case
- VGC+ (several repaired top cracks)
- SN: 15517