Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 Guitar & Case with VTS & Vintage Gloss Finish
Based on revered Martin 1937 D-28s, this guitar features forward shifted hand-scalloped X-bracing, a non-adjustable truss rod, and period correct appointments. The new Vintage Tone System allows Martin craftsmen and women to artificially age the wood, recreating not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproducing the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments. More Details...
Shipping restriction: Usa only
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: One year Manufacturer's Warranty: Limited lifetime
- Model: D-28 Authentic 1937
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: VTS Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped (Authentic Style) Circa 1937 - Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: VTS Solid Adirondack Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Back Purfling: 28 Style Zig-Zag (Authentic)
- Side Material: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid in a Narrow 1937 Shape
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1937 Barrel & Heel
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/1937 Taper
- Headplate: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares - Long Pattern 1937
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Authentic Style Belly w/ Long Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Long Bone
- Tuning Machines: Waverly Nickel w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Ivory Colored Poly w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 545V Harptone
- Interior Label: none
- Electronics: none
- Other Options: Available left-handed at no additional charge
- Other Comments: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice