Gibson Style U Harp Guitar (Early 1906)
$5,500 $7,000sku: 45U-1549
A turn-of-the-century Gibson oddity, this Style U harp guitar features a 6-string guitar neck, as well as 12 sub-bass strings. The body has a black finished arched spruce top and natural finished walnut sides and arched back. It needs some work (sold AS-IS, see Details section below), but overall it’s in very good condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
- 21" lower bout
- Black finished arched spruce top (added top brace in front of bridge)
- Natural finish walnut sides and arched back
- A few repaired top and back cracks
- White-bound top and oval soundhole
- Two rope pattern soundhole rings with pearl center ring
- Walnut guitar neck (headstock repaired, front and back veneers added, and neck refinished)
- White-bound 20 fret ebony fingerboard with varied inlay pattern
- 3-on-a-plate tuners with ivoroid buttons
- Mahogany bass neck with 12 sub-bass strings
- Fixed Brazilian rosewood bridge (cut down)
- Nickel plated metal strap tailpiece
- Early style lyre label with photo of Orville Gibson
- 1-11/16" nut
- 27-1/4" scale
- Nylon covered hard foam case
- VGC except needs some work (replace turnbuckle, level fretboard, refret, needs strings and 4 bridge pins, setup, etc. - sold AS-IS)
- SN: 4145