Gibson RB-250 (1970s)
This Gibson RB-250 banjo has a 3-piece mahogany neck and a double bound mahogany resonator. The multi-ply maple rim is painted black and fitted with a flathead tone ring. The bound ebony fretboard features pearl inlays (missing inlay at 7th fret). It needs some work (sold AS-IS, see Details section below), but otherwise it’s in excellent-minus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Natural mahogany finish
- Black painted multi-ply 11" maple rim
- Top frosted head
- Dual coordinator rods
- Double white-bound mahogany resonator
- 3-piece mahogany neck with bound ebony fretboard
- Armrest and tailpiece engraved with logo
- 2-piece tube-and-plate flange
- Flathead tone ring
- Clam-shell tailpiece
- Pearl fretboard inlay
- "Mastertone" pearl block inlay at 21st fret
- Made in U.S.A.
- Replacement tuners and 5th string gear tuner
- 5th string capo installed with extra screw hole
- 22 frets
- 24 brackets
- ~26-1/2" scale
- ~1-1/4 nut width
- OHSC (blue lining)
- EC- (low frets and fretboard wear, missing inlay at 7th fret — could use a refret, replace missing inlay, new bridge, strings, set-up, etc. — sold AS-IS)
- SN: 172576