Gibson RB-00 (c.1939)
A very cool and hard-to-find banjo, this Gibson RB-00 has the original sunburst maple 5-string neck and pre-war hardware. It also has a sunburst finish maple resonator and a 15/32" maple rim with a raised lip designed to take the place of a tone hoop. Other features include a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard, unusual Kluson round-pan geared tuners with amber buttons, and a friction 5th string peg with a matching amber button. This resonator banjo is in very good/excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Rare model with original sunburst maple 5-string neck and pre-war hardware
- Sunburst single-bound maple resonator
- 15/32" maple rim (with raised lip at top designed to take the place of a tone hoop)
- 1-piece flange
- Single coordinator rod
- Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
- Pearl dot inlays
- Silkscreen Gibson logo on headstock (with two small holes drilled below it in center of headstock)
- Unusual Kluson round-pan geared tuners with amber buttons
- Friction 5th peg with matching button
- Grover "window" tailpiece
- 11" frosted head
- 1-7/32" nut
- 26-3/8" scale
- Railroad spikes added at frets 7-10
- Modern hardshell case
- SN: EG 4060