Gibson L-48 (c.1949)
An archtop acoustic guitar built in the late 40’s, this L-48 has a mahogany top, sides, back, and neck. The bridge and fingerboard are made of Brazilian rosewood. Other features include a Trapeze tailpiece, a tortoise plastic pickguard, and 3-on-a-plate tuners. This instrument is sold AS-IS (pull upper frets, plane fingerboard and re-install, glue and cleat back crack, restring and setup, etc.), cosmetically it is in very good-plus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Sunburst finish
- Arched mahogany top with f holes
- Natural finish on sides, neck and arched mahogany back
- White-bound body
- 19-fret Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
- Pearl dot inlays
- Brazilian rosewood bridge
- Trapeze tailpiece
- Kluson Deluxe 3-on-a-plate tuners (buttons appear newer)
- Decal "Gibson" headstock logo
- Tortoise plastic pickguard
- 16-1/8" lower bout
- 1-11/16" nut
- ~24-3/4" scale
- One added back brace and small shim under neck block
- With 50's brown Lifton HSC (tan lining)
- VGC+ except could use work (pull upper frets, plane fingerboard and re-install, glue and cleat back crack, restring and setup, etc. - sold AS-IS)