Gibson L-3 (1929)
This handsome Gibson L-3 has a carved spruce top with a sunburst finish and a bound oval soundhole. It also has maple back and sides, a 13-fret mahogany neck, and an ebony fingerboard with pearl dot inlays. Other features include a raised tortoise plastic pickguard, an ebony bridge with a trapeze tailpiece, and three-on-a-plate open gear tuners. This archtop guitar needs some work (sold AS-IS, see Details section below), but overall it’s in very good condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Sunburst carved spruce top
- Maple back and sides
- 13-fret mahogany neck
- Oval soundhole
- Raised tortoise plastic pickguard
- Bound soundhole and body
- Ebony fingerboard with pearl dot inlay
- Ebony bridge with trapeze tailpiece
- Pearl logo inlay
- Three-on-a-plate tuners with engraving
- 20 frets
- 24-1/2" scale
- 1-3/4" nut width
- 13-1/2" lower bout
- Original hardshell case (newer handle)
- VGC except for some finish discoloration on treble side and (needs 4 open side seams and 2 cracks reglued, fret dress, set-up, strings, etc.- sold AS-IS)
- SN: 88053 and F.O.N. 57