Gibson A-1 (1918)
A nice mandolin in need of some attention, this Gibson A-1 has a pumpkin color carved spruce top with an oval soundhole. The birch back and sides feature a dark stain. It has a 2-piece neck with a dark center strip, and it’s topped with an ebony fingerboard. Other appointments include a raised tortoise plastic pickguard, 4-on-a-side tuners with ivoroid buttons, and ivoroid binding on the top, soundhole, and fretboard. This instrument needs some work (sold AS-IS, see Details section below), but otherwise it’s in very good/excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Pumpkin color carved spruce top with oval soundhole
- Dark stained birch back and sides
- 2-piece mahogany neck with dark center strip
- Pearl "The Gibson" inlaid in headstock
- 20-fret ebony fingerboard with pearl dot inlays
- Ivoroid-bound top, soundhole, and fingerboard
- Newer rosewood bridge installed
- Tortoise plastic pickguard
- 4-on-a-side tuners with ivoroid buttons
- "The Gibson" engraved tailpiece
- Dual rope pattern soundhole rosette
- 1-7/32" nut
- 13-7/8" scale
- Small repaired crack by endblock
- Initials "W.H". scratched into back of headstock
- Hardshell case (blue lining)
- VG/EC (except needs work, top sinking and needs rebracing, remove back and rebrace, strings, set-up, etc. -- sold AS-IS)
- SN: 43799 and F.O.N. 11083