Doug Unger Presentation Electric (c.1990)
Another fine instrument with exquisite artistry from the shop of artist / musician Doug Unger, this openback banjo features a Presentation mahogany neck with carved heel on a metal clad pot, and Electric (Whyte Laydie) tone ring. The fretboard and headstock are ivoroid-bound, and the headstock features intricate flowerpot and bird engraved inlays, with floral inlays and a Dragon/Gargoyle creature on the back of the headstock. Other features include Planetary style tuners, a 1-1/4" fluted bone nut, and trefoil inlay on the heel cap. Hardshell case included. This instrument is in excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Presentation mahogany neck with carved heel
- Metal clad "Electric" style pot
- ~10-1/2" skin head
- 22-fret ebony fingerboard
- Elaborate pearl engraved inlays
- 28 brackets
- Notched tension hoop
- Electric (Whyte Laydie) tone ring
- Ivoroid-bound fretboard and headstock
- Trefoil inlay on heel cap
- Headstock features intricate flowerpot and bird engraved inlays
- Back of headstock features floral inlays and Dragon / Gargoyle creature
- Planetary style tuners and geared 5th string peg with pearl buttons
- ~26-3/8" scale
- 1-1/4" fluted bone nut
- Dowel stick features "D. UNGER", "ELECTRIC" and "PRESENTATION" plaques
- Recent, slightly oversized Superior hardshell case