Doug Unger Custom Electric (2011)
A great Victorian-style banjo made in the 21st century, this Doug Unger Custom Electric has an excellent sound. It has a 3-piece mahogany neck with carved heel and a ivoroid-bound ebony fretboard with intricate Fairbanks-style snail shell inlays (some with heart of abalone framing). The half-spun Electric-style black rim is ivoroid-bound with snail and tortoise plastic marquetry and is equipped with an Electric (Whyte Laydie) tone ring. A superb example of Doug Unger’s artistry and quality, this incredible instrument is in excellent+ condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
- Fine quality handmade banjo from artist/musician Doug Unger
- 3-piece mahogany neck with carved Cole style boat heel
- "Hotrod" truss rod adjusts at heel
- Fancy engraved Fairbanks style snail shell inlays (some with heart of abalone framing) in ivoroid-bound ebony fretboard with multiple underlays and star, "dogwood" flower and crown inlays
- 22 frets
- Half-spun Electric-style black rim is ivoroid-bound with snail and tortoise plastic marquetry
- Electric (Whyte Laydie) tone ring
- 10-1/2" skin head
- ~26-1/8" scale length
- 7/16" rim
- 26 reproduction Presentation-style brackets (special bracket wrench in case)
- 5-Star Planetary pegs with ebony buttons
- New No Knot tailpiece
- Fluted fossilized ivory nuts
- Engraved snail maker's plate on dowel stick
- Softshell case