Doug Unger Custom Electric (2010)
A great sounding Victorian style instrument made in the 21st century, this Custom Electric banjo exhibits superb artistry and quality. Beautifully crafted by artist/musician Doug Unger, this banjo is built around a half-spun Electric-style rim with Whyte Laydie tone ring and a 3-piece mahogany neck with carved Cole style boat heel. Other features include intricate fingerboard and headstock inlays, a No Knot tailpiece, and original old Planet "PAT.PEND." tuners with ivoroid buttons. This fantastic banjo is in excellent+ condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
- 3-piece mahogany neck with carved Cole style boat heel
- "Hotrod" truss rod adjusts at heel
- Fancy engraved Fairbanks style snail shell inlays (some with heart of abalone framing) in ebony fretboard with multiple underlays and star, "dogwood" flower, and crown inlays
- 22 frets
- New half-spun Electric-style black rim
- Electric (Whyte Laydie) tone ring
- Saw-cut German silver post ferrule
- 10 1/2" Fiberskyn head
- ~26-1/8" scale length
- 7/16" rim
- 26 brackets
- Original old Planet "PAT.PEND." tuners with ivoroid buttons
- New No Knot tailpiece
- Fluted fossilized ivory nut
- Engraved snail maker's plate on dowel stick
- No case