Cole's Eclipse Model 3500 (c.1898)
An interesting banjo from the late 19th century, this Cole's Eclipse Model 3500 has a black painted 3/8" rim with a brass hoop tone ring. The mahogany neck has an ivoroid-bound ebony fingerboard with pearl dot inlays and multicolored wood underlays. Friction tuners and 5th string peg have been installed. Made in Boston, this banjo is in very good/excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Mahogany neck with V-profile and boat shaped heel
- Ivoroid-bound 22-fret ebony fingerboard with pearl dot inlays and multicolored wood underlays
- 1-1/4" nut
- ~27-1/4" scale
- ~10-15/16" frosted top head
- Black painted 3/8" rim
- Brass hoop tone ring
- 24 brass brackets (one replacement)
- Grooved tension hoop
- Ebony headstock overlay with engraved pearl Nasturtium inlay
- Friction tuners and 5th string peg installed
- Ebony backstrap extends to 5th fret
- Dowel stick stamped "COLE'S ECLIPSE", "W.A. COLE MAKER / BOSTON, MASS." and "PATENTED JAN-30-1894"
- Cammed No Knot tailpiece
- Recent dowel stick reset and neck brace by our shop
- Built in Boston
- VG-EC except for some sanding / shaping on back edge of headstock
- SN: 4047
- NO CASE