C. Waldman 12" Chromatic (Step-Side) Openback Banjo
An intriguing openback banjo, this C. Waldman Chromatic offers clear, rich tones from bass to treble but still with lots of pop. Features include a 12" 3-ply Cherry rim, a hand-carved Cherry neck with carbon fiber reinforcement rod, and Waldman's own integral all-wood "Tone Rim" (see Details section below). Impeccably handcrafted in the USA in Chuck's one-person shop. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: One year Manufacturer's Warranty: Limited lifetime
- 12" 3-Ply Cherry Rim
- Padauk Tone Rim -- with 3 Tone Holes*
- Cherry Neck with Claro Walnut Center Strip
- 1/4" x 3/8" Carbon Fiber Reinforcement Rod
- 17 Fret Ebony Fingerboard w/ 36" radius, Scooped
- 25-1/2" Scale Length
- EVO Fretwire
- Gotoh Tuners
- Hand-Carved Claro Walnut Tailpiece
- Claro Walnut Accent Woods
- Custom Ebony-tipped Bridge with 4 Feet
- Renaissance Head
- D'Addario J-55 Strings
- Shellac/Oil Varnish Finish