The exact appearance of new instruments may vary.
Bloom JB Special 11.5" Openback Banjo, Renaissance Head
Handcrafted in Michigan, the Bloom JB Special is built to meet the needs of the experienced player, and it can be an inspiring instrument for intermediate players as well. The 11.5" diameter 3-ply 3/4" hard maple rim has a birdseye maple rim cap and rolled brass tone hoop. The ebony fingerboard is scooped above the 17th fret for easy over-the-neck playing. The volume and tone quality are even and full up and down the fretboard. More Details...
Elderly Warranty: One year Manufacturer's Warranty: Limited lifetime
- 11.5" diameter 3-ply, 3/4" hard maple rim
- Birdseye maple rim cap
- 0.25" rolled brass tone hoop
- Renaissance head
- 25.5" scale length
- Bookmatched hard maple neck with black center strip
- Carbon fiber non-adjustable neck reinforcement bar
- 17 fret scooped ebony fingerboard
- Mother of pearl dot fret markers
- Side marker dots
- Ebony peghead overlay with engraved MOP lion
- Ebony heel cap
- Polished bone nut and 5th string pip
- Gotoh planetary tuners, nickel with cream buttons
- Hawktail tailpiece
- Nickel-plated 2-step bracket shoes
- Nickel-plated open ball end nuts on flat hooks
- Nickel-plated rolled brass tension hoop
- Cinnamon color lacquer finish
- Frank Lee says, Bloom banjos are "unsurpassed in craftsmanship. Very consistent tone, right down the line."