Bacon & Day Style A Super Plectrum Banjo (1933)
Five piece maple neck, maple resonator with integral flange, "tulip" pattern, 11" frosted plastic head, 9/16" rim stamped "PAT. PENDING", Silver Bell tone ring, 24 brackets (missing one hook and nut), "GROVER PATENT" Presto tailpiece, ivoroid-b-w-b bound 22 fret ebony fingerboard with fancy pearl inlays, "B&D / SUPER / BANJO" and floral pearl inlays on 4-layer headstock overlay, "GROVER / PAT" pancake tuners with ivoroid buttons, interior labels on resonator that read "B&D "RESONANCE AND AMPLIFYING CHAMBER" / PATENTED NOV. 30, 1926 / From BACON BANJO Co. Inc. / GROTON, CONN. / MFRS / "SILVER BELL" BANJOS", 1-3/16" nut, ~26-1/4" scale, with oversized, rough HSC, VGC except finish has been stripped off neck and resonator and could use work (replace head, replace a piece of missing fingerboard binding, dress frets, clean, restring and setup, etc. - sold AS-IS) More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Maple neck and resonator
- Integral metal flange on resonator with "Tulip" pattern
- 22-fret ebony fingerboard with fancy pearl inlays
- 11" frosted head
- 9/16" maple rim stamped "PAT. PENDING"
- Silver Bell tone ring
- 24 brackets, missing one hook and nut
- Pearl "B&D / SUPER / BANJO" and floral inlays on headstock
- "GROVER / PAT" pancake tuners with ivoroid buttons
- 1-3/16" nut, ~26-1/4" scale
- "GROVER PATENT" Presto tailpiece
- Rough over-sized hardshell case
- Serial number: 23273
- VGC condition except finish has been stripped off neck and resonator and needs work (replace head, replace a piece of fingerboard binding, clean, restring and setup, etc. - sold AS-IS)