Orpheum No. 3 (c.1905-1910)
A very early Orpheum instrument, this Orpheum No. 3 features a white holly neck with a fancy carved heel and fancy inlays in the headstock and fretboard. Other details include 4-layer backstrapping, mechanical friction tuners with pearl buttons, fancy purfling on the inside and outside of the rim, and an Orpheum tone ring. This exquisite instrument needs some work (sold AS-IS, see Details section below), but overall it’s in very good/excellent condition. More details...
Availability: Out of stock sku: 60U-2766
Regular Price: $2,600.00
Special Price $1,850.00
top of page...
- ~11-5/8" rim
- ~27-5/8" scale
- White holly neck with fancy inlays in headstock and fretboard
- Fancy carved heel
- Large abalone fleur-de-lis on back of headstock
- Ebony fretboard with multiple underlays
- 4-layer backstrapping
- Mechanical friction tuners with pearl buttons
- 24 brackets
- Fancy purflings on inside and outside of rim
- 21/32" rim with Orpheum tone ring
- Rim stamped "PATENTED 724833" and celluloid tag says "Made by / RETTBERG & LANGE / NEW YORK CITY"
- Celluloid tag on dowel stick says "ORPHEUM," and the number "3" is stamped on the dowel stick and inside the rim
- A very early Orpheum (as indicated by the tags on the rim and dowel)
- No Knot tailpiece
- No armrest
- Currently strung with nylon strings
- With Harptone hardshell case
- VG-EC except needs some work (heat press neck to straighten, dress frets, maybe reset dowel stick, etc. - sold AS-IS)
|New or Used||Used|
-Official "AS-IS" Item. Learn more........