If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, it may be returned (in unused condition) - for exchange or a full refund (see below for exceptions). Please return new item(s) within 30 days. Vintage/used instruments must be returned within 7 days. Notify us as soon as possible that you will be returning merchandise, so we may process your request efficiently.
Checklist for Making a Return
- Notify us of your intention to return as soon as possible.
- We will appreciate knowing the reason for the return
- New products must be in unused condition.
- Use (or include) original packaging if possible.
- Return all manuals, warranty cards, included accessories, etc., and in condition received.
- Ship all products well-packed (use our original packing materials if possible) and insured. We cannot allow credit for items we receive back that have been damaged due to poor packaging by the customer.
- If you receive a damaged item, please notify us immediately, and do not return until you have received authorization from us.
PLEASE RETURN YOUR ITEM TO:
1100 N. Washington
Lansing, MI 48906 USA
Phone: 888-473-5810 (USA only)
Unless the product you ordered was defective or the incorrect product (oops!), our refund will not include any shipping/handling/insurance charges. If your purchase was eligible for free shipping, the shipping/handling/insurance cost will be deducted from your refund.
If you cannot attend an event that you purchased tickets for, please contact us prior to the event to arrange a full refund. If you are dissatisfied with an event you attended, please contact us within 30 days to arrange a full refund.
Return Exceptions - the following products are not returnable unless defective:
- Custom orders (one-of-a-kind instruments made to your specifications).
- Opened (no longer originally sealed) CDs, DVDs, software, strings, and harmonicas.
- Books (unless received as a gift and returned within 7 days). The packaging used for any included CDs or DVDs must not be opened.
Some slight irregularities in CDs or DVDs may not qualify as defects. For example, CDs which are reissues of old 78s or field recordings often have surface noise which could not be removed from the original. This is generally unavoidable, and such CDs are not defective.
Special Order items are returnable, and are subject to a restock fee of as much as 50% of the selling price.