Grandpa Jones: 5-String Banjo
by Mark Jones
Jones was a country music legend and member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, known for his style of clawhammer banjo. For beginners there are tips on caring for your banjo; instruction in tunings, chord diagrams, and the right hand rhythm patterns that made Jones famous. For the intermediate musician, there are alternate tunings, drop thumb rhythm, and exercises for practicing your new skills. Includes favorite songs in the form of lyrics with chords for an accompanist. Preface by Grandpa Jones, along with personal photographs. 32 pp.
Availability: In stock,
top of page...
- Bile Dem Cabbage Down (A Tuning)
- Ring De Banjo (D Tuning)
- Golden Slippers (G and C Tuning)
- Oh! Susanna (G and C Tuning)
- Old Joe Clark (A Tuning)
- Pretty Little Pink (A Tuning)
- Darby's Ram (D Tuning)
- Camptown Races (D Tuning)
- Crawdad Song (G and C Tuning)
|New or Used||New|