Vega Vegaphone Artist Tenor Banjo (1928)
Two-piece maple neck with carved heel. Replaced dowel stick. White-bound 19 fret ebony fingerboard with fancy engraved pearl inlays. Tubaphone tone ring, 28 brackets with individual flanges (new hooks and nuts). Bracket band. Oettinger tailpiece, notched tension hoop. Newer Planetary-style tuners. Gold hardware has been replated. Professionally refinished in gloss finish. with OHSC (burgundy lining faded). EC-. On consignment More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- SN 81771
- Professionally refinished in gloss finish
- 2-piece maple neck with carved heel (replacement dowel stick)
- ~1/2" Maple rim with tortoise plastic binding
- Fancy wood marquetry rim cap
- Tortoise plastic bound "pie section" resonator
- White-bound 19-fret ebony fingerboard
- Fancy engraved pearl inlays
- Fancy engraved pearl inlays on headstock
- Replacement tuners
- 10-15/16" frosted top head
- Tubaphone tone ring
- 28 brackets with individual flanges, bracket band (replacement hooks and nuts)
- Notched tension hoop, Vega armrest
- Oettinger tailpiece stamped "PAT. PEND."
- Hardware is nicely re-plated
- 1-1/8" nut, ~22-7/8" scale
- Strung for Irish Tenor (G,D,A,E) tuning
- With OHSC (burgundy lining faded)
- On consignment