Fairbanks Electric? Banjo (1901)
$1,620 $1,800sku: 60U-206981
A good looking and playing banjo with a nicely made repro neck and 11” Fiberyskyn head. Our best guess is this is possibly an original Electric rim with a modern, but nice 5-string neck and a different dowel stick. Hardshell case included. An excellent sounding openback banjo, this instrument is in very good to excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- SN ?6022 & 20818
- Metal clad wood rim
- Dowel stick stamped "Electric"
- Reproduction 2-piece maple neck, white-bound 22-fret ebony fingerboard
- Engraved pearl fingerboard inlays
- Ebony headstock overlay features engraved Gryphon, star and scroll
- Friction tuners and 5th string peg with cream buttons
- 11" Fiberskyn head, 28 brackets (one changed nut)
- "Electric" Whyte Laydie-Style tone ring
- 2-tier grooved tension hoop
- 1-1/4" nut, ~27" scale
- "The A.C. FAIRBANKS Co. / MAKERS / --- BOSTON, MASS. ---" metal plaque on dowel stick
- Model A tailpiece (recent), center strip of neck runs off center at peghead, ?6002 stamped on rim, "Electric" and 20818 stamped on dowel stick, small shim at end of fretboard
- Very nice looking and playing banjo with excellent sound
- Newer HSC