Coles Eclipse Model 5000 (c.1893)
A very cool banjo from the late 19th century, this Coles Eclipse Model 5000 has a mahogany neck with V-profile and carved heel, white-bound 22-fret ebony fingerboard with fancy pearl engraved inlays, and multicolored wood underlays. Other features include a brass hoop tone ring, grooved tension hoop, and ~11-3/8" skin head. This instrument is in excellent-minus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Elderly Warranty: 30 days Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- Serial number: 1228
- Year: c.1893
- Condition: Excellent Minus (EC-)
- Nut width: 1-3/16"
- Scale length: ~26-7/8
- Rim: 7/16" black painted wood
- Skin head ~11-3/8"
- Dowel stick
- 30 brackets, grooved tension hoop
- Brass hoop tone ring
- Bone tailpiece with leaf engraving
- V-profile mahogany neck with carved heel
- Ebony fingerboard with engraved pearl inlays
- Planet PAT. PEND. tuners
- 1930's hardshell case (purple lining)
- Fancy engraved pearl inlays on headstock overlay
- Nylon strings