Gibson TB Granada (1927)
This tenor banjo is a great player, and would also make a good candidate for a 5-string conversion. It was refinished long ago, and has a newer 5-string tension hoop and armrest. Other features include a 40 hole archtop tone ring and pearl block inlay on the 16th fret says "DICK". So if your name is Dick and you play banjo, you know what to do! It’s sold AS-IS (needs cleaning, fretwork, new bridge, etc.). This instrument is in very good-plus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- Nice player or awesome candidate for conversion!
- FON 8832-39
- Neck and resonator re-finished long ago.
- Rim finish is original brown stain
- Maple neck and resonator with wood marquetry
- 3-ply maple rim, with original "Mastertone" label
- White-bound 19-fret Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
- Pearl hearts and flowers inlays
- Double-cut peghead
- Added inlay on 16th fret reads "DICK"
- W-b-w double-bound resonator
- 1-3/16" nut, ~22-3/4" scale
- 11" plastic head
- 40-hole archtop tone ring
- 28 brackets, 2-piece flange
- "Granada" clamshell tailpiece
- Newer 5-string tension hoop and armrest
- Planet tuners with pearl buttons
- Dual coordinator rods
- Ebony heel cap
- Rough OHSC (blue lining)
- Richelieu pick holder installed
- Needs cleaning, fretwork, new bridge, etc. - sold AS-IS