Pre-War Guitars Co. Herringbone Brazilian Rosewood, Level 1 Aging
The Pre-War Herringbone has the sound and look of a well-loved vintage instrument, but with the price, adjustability, and reliability of a modern guitar. Adirondack spruce and Brazilian rosewood are the perfect recipe for a powerful dreadnought that can go toe-to-toe with beloved vintage guitars. It has a big bark, but lots of warmth as well. The guitar body features an ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish and has been subjected to Pre-War’s “Level One” distress level, simulating a vintage instrument that’s spent most of its life tucked under a bed or stashed in a closet.More Details...
- Finish: Ultra-thin aged (Level One) Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Traditional Dreadnought Body Size
- FSC Honduran Mahogany neck with two way truss rod
- Standard 1937 "C" to V" neck shape.
- Back and sides material: Brazilian Rosewood
- Top material: Torrefied Adirondack Spruce
- Bracing Material: Handcarved, torrefied Adirondack spruce
- True Dovetail Neck Joint
- Hot Hide Glue construction
- Fretboard and bridge material: Gabon Ebony
- Scale length: 25.4”
- Neck width at nut: Vintage spec, 1-3/4”
- Bridge spacing: 2-5/16”
- Headplate veneer material: Brazilian rosewood
- Bridge pins: Ivoroid Un-slotted
- Nut and saddle: Bone
- Harptone Case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Also available in Shade Top (vintage sunburst) and left handed versions, as well as in Level 2 and Level 3 distressing (see explanation, below).
LEVEL ONE, “New Old Stock.” – Equivalent to a collectors' grade EX+ or Mint condition. Inspired by a vintage guitar that spent most of it's life in a case under the bed. Ultra thin, aged and checked nitrocellulose with no added play wear and minimal handling marks.
LEVEL TWO, “Well Loved, Well Played.” – Inspired by vintage guitars that were lovingly cared for and played for much of their life. Same thin, aged, and checked lacquer as the level one, with the addition of authentically created play wear around the soundhole, some incidental handling marks, light wear at the elbow area, and light back wear.
LEVEL THREE, “The Road Warrior.” – An homage to the true “Road Warrior” guitars we all know and love, with an artful amount of heavy play wear. Akin to a guitar that has spent 60 years on tour, the phenomenal response and tactile feedback of certain vintage guitars they have studied inspired this level of distressing.
Please inquire – we're happy to help you get the Pre-War Guitar you want.