Martin D-28 (1936)
$28,500 $45,000sku: 10U-7413
This great sounding Martin D-28 has 1936 Brazilian rosewood back and sides. It was recently restored in our repair shop, including a new Adirondack spruce top made to ‘36 specs and a period-correct t-bar reinforced mahogany neck. The back and sides have been refinished, likely by Martin long ago, and there are eight repaired back cracks, three repaired side cracks, and a plugged jack hole (all this work under the finish). Overall, it is in very good/excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Elderly Warranty: 30 days
- Brazilian rosewood back and sides
- Recently restored by John Jozwiak in the Elderly repair shop. New work includes Adirondack spruce top (all to '36 specs including advanced X-brace and tucked bridge plate), new t-bar reinforced mahogany neck (shaped to '36 specs) with ebony fingerboard and slotted diamonds and squares inlays, Brazilian rosewood headstock overlay with old style C.F. Martin decal, period correct Grover open gear tuners with butterbean buttons, ivory nut, ebony bridge with bone saddle, Antique Acoustic bridge pins and tortoise plastic pickguard.
- We received this guitar with a replacement top and neck, completely refinished, likely done by Martin in the '70s, and these things simply needed to be done
- 1-3/4" nut
- 25.4" scale
- Original hardshell case (slightly warped at end, so end latch doesn't quite close)
- VG-EC (back and sides refinished, likely by Martin long ago, with 8 repaired back cracks, 3 repaired side cracks, and plugged jack hole)