Martin D-28 Custom Conversion (1966/2010)
A spectacular upgrade — by Martin — of a Brazilian rosewood D-28, this custom conversion takes the original back and sides from a 1966 D-28 and adds a new premium grade Adirondack spruce top and a 14-fret Modified V shape mahogany neck. It features elaborate Tree of Life inlays on the ebony fingerboard, bridge, pickguard, and Brazilian rosewood headstock overlay. This exquisite acoustic guitar is in excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
- Original 1966 D-28 back and sides (SN 211041 on neck block)
- New premium grade Adirondack spruce top and 14-fret Modified V shape mahogany neck
- Pearl herringbone top purfling (including soundhole and base of fingerboard)
- Paua abalone purfling on back, sides, and backstrip
- Tree of Life inlay on ebony fingerboard, bridge, pickguard, and Brazilian rosewood headstock overlay (all in the style of the D-50 Koa Deluxe)
- Gold Grover tuners
- Abalone dot bridge pins
- 1-3/4" nut
- 25.4" scale
- Martin 545E HSC