Washburn Style 5238 Deluxe (c.1930)
A very rare acoustic guitar, this Washburn Style 5238 Deluxe has an X-braced spruce top with fancy gold leaf-type applique. It also features Brazilian rosewood back and sides, a 12-fret mahogany neck, and a 19-fret ebony fingerboard with slotted diamond, square, and snowflake inlays. This impressive acoustic guitar is in very good-excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Semi-gloss natural finish
- Grand Concert body size
- X-braced spruce top with gold leaf type applique
- Brazilian rosewood back and sides
- 12-fret mahogany neck with unique volute
- Slotted headstock
- ~24-7/8" scale
- 1-25/32" nut
- 14-1/8" lower bout
- 19-fret ebony fingerboard with slotted diamond, square, and snowflake inlays
- Ivoroid-bound body, fretboard, and soundhole
- Slotted headstock features overlay with "WASHBURN" logo and fancy inlays
- Metal plate on back of headstock reads "Washburn / LYON & HEALY / CHICAGO, U.S.A."
- "LOUISE FOSTER" scratched into back of headstock
- Replacement tuning machines, recent neck reset, and replacement ebony "Smile" bridge all done by our shop
- Original hardshell case (red lining)
- SN: 1467