Martin D-28 to D-45 Custom Conversion
This spectacular upgrade — done by Martin — takes the Brazilian rosewood back and sides from a 1959 D-28 and adds a new sunburst premium grade Adirondack spruce top and a 14-fret T-bar reinforced mahogany neck. Exquisite appointments include flame maple binding, gold engraved Waverly tuners, and abalone herringbone top purfling (including soundhole, base of fingerboard, plus backstrip) with additional abalone purfling all around. This truly unique instrument is in excellent+ condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- 2008 upgrade — by Martin — of a Brazilian rosewood D-28
- Original 1959 back and sides (SN 170331 on neck block)
- New sunburst premium grade Adirondack spruce top and 14-fret T-bar reinforced mahogany neck
- Flame maple binding
- Abalone herringbone top purfling (including soundhole, base of fingerboard, plus backstrip) with additional abalone purfling all around
- 20-fret ebony fingerboard with special snowflake and slotted diamond inlays
- Gold engraved Waverly tuners
- Inlaid pickguard
- Ebony bridge with abalone snowflakes and long saddle
- 1-23/32" nut
- 25.4" scale
- Martin 545EC hardshell case