Manuel Contreras 1a (1984)
A superb guitar from a master builder, this Manuel Contreras 1a features a spruce top, with beautiful Madagascar rosewood back and sides. The neck is made of Spanish cedar, with an ebony fingerboard and rosewood bridge. With a fancy rosette, wood body binding and purflings, this is a great looking classical guitar with a nice sound. It’s in excellent-minus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- No SN
- Original finish
- Spruce top
- Beautiful Madagascar rosewood back and sides
- Spanish cedar neck
- 19-fret ebony fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge
- Comfortable C-shape neck
- 52mm nut, 657mm scale
- String spacing at saddle 55mm
- Black engraved tuners with pearloid buttons
- 14-1/2" lower bout, 3-5/8" body depth at endpin
- Passive saddle pickup installed with 1/4" endpin jack
- Built in Spain. Label is signed by the maker.
- Fancy rosette, Rosewood peghead overlay with fancy purfling
- Wood body bindings and purflings
- Period HSC (blue lining)
- Nice sound!
- One repaired back crack on treble side lower bout,
- Clear tap plates installed