Gibson TB-3 Conversion (1931)
A nice prewar conversion with a 1931 TB-3 rim, one-piece flange, 40 hole archtop tone ring, and double white-bound resonator with w-b-w concentric purfling rings. The 5-string mahogany neck features a rosewood fingerboard with pearl flying eagle inlays. Good sound! This instrument is in very good+ condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- FON 9926-13
- Very good plus condition
- Gloss Dark brown finish
- 1-5/32" nut, ~26-1/4" scale
- Double white-bound maple resonator
- w-b-w concentric purfling rings on resonator
- ~5/8" 3-ply maple rim
- 11" frosted top head
- Dual coordinator rods
- One-piece flange
- 24 brackets
- 40 hole archtop tone ring
- Newer Kershner style tailpiece
- Conversion 5-string mahogany neck by unknown maker
- Rosewood fretboard with pearl flying eagle inlays
- Five Star Planetary tuners, geared 5th string peg
- Double cut peghead, 2 Keith D-tuners installed.
- Finish worn off armrest
- Resonator is refinished to match neck
- Original "GIBSON MASTERTONE" label on rim
- Newer hardshell case (burgundy lining)
- On consignment