Gibson TB-3 Conversion (1927)
A nice 5-string conversion with a neck made by Ernie Wells (we are told), this resonator banjo has a great sound. The white bound maple resonator has been refinished to match the flamed maple neck. Other features include a 2-piece flange, no hole archtop tone ring, and ¾” maple rim. This instrument is in excellent-minus condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- FON 8739-20
- Excellent minus condition
- Gloss Dark brown stain
- 1-7/32" nut, ~26-3/8" scale
- White bound maple resonator (refinished to match the neck)
- 3/4" maple rim
- 11" frosted top head
- Dual coordinator rods
- 2-piece flange
- 24 brackets
- No hole archtop tone ring
- Conversion 5-string flamed maple neck
- Ebony Fretboard with pearl flying eagle inlays
- Newer Grover Pat. tuners and geared 5th string peg
- Double Cut peghead, pearl truss rod cover
- Original "GIBSON MASTERTONE" label on rim
- Newer hardshell case (burgundy lining)
- On consignment
- We're told the conversion neck was made by Ernie Wells
- Period Presto tailpiece has been punched for 5th string
- Nice Sound!