Gibson Explorer (1963)
A rare korina tone machine, this 1963 Gibson Explorer features a 2-piece korina body and korina neck. It’s equipped with two patent # humbucking pickups. Gibson installed a Bigsby tremolo and a “Custom Made” plate in the mid ‘60s. Newer tuners and a 3rd strap button have also been installed. A rare piece of Gibson history, this guitar is in very good+ condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
- Korina 2-piece body
- Korina neck ('59 inked on serial number)
- Assembled and released in '63
- Brazilian rosewood fretboard
- Dot inlays (new dots at 7 and 9)
- Two patent # humbuckings
- Pots date 44th week of '63
- One newer knob
- ABR-1 bridge (no wire)
- Gibson installed a Bigsby and "Custom Made" plate in the mid ‘60s
- Newer jack plate
- All hardware is nickel
- Newer (late ‘60s) tuners installed
- 3rd strap button installed below heel
- 1-11/16" nut
- 24-3/4" scale
- Original hardshell case (Baldwin / Gibson)